We’re looking for Account Executives through Senior Account Managers in New York.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, energetic, and creative thinker with strong organizational and writing skills, and someone who is looking to enhance their skill set and join a company that rewards talent and initiative. We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter for these positions. The roles will suit someone with at least 1 year and up to 8 years PR experience, journalist contacts, demonstrable communication and writing skills and a thorough, professional and ‘can do’ approach. Within a dynamic, niche agency, this position provides an excellent opportunity for bright graduates who want to move up the ladder quickly by proving they are up for challenges and hard work.
- Keeping abreast of financial industry related topics to ensure other account team members are informed, and forwarding relevant information to your clients.
- Manage client interaction, communication and ensure that all client deliverables are being met.
- Raising the standard and quality of deliverables presented both internally and externally.
- Becoming highly familiar with your client’s business, their competitors and the market/industry issues in general.
Media Specific Responsibilities
- Analyzing client’s media coverage, and reporting to the client on its quality and content.
- Reviewing press briefing sheets for client interviews, and adding relevant important information.
- Tracking relevant features and calling journalists to pitch in clients.
- Following up on distributed press releases, and pitching clients off the news.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with journalists.
- Briefing clients thoroughly before every interview, managing interviews for trade press and follow – up process.
- Creating first drafts of press releases.
- Drafting pitches (cold/ or from a synopsis).
- Obtaining press lists for key conferences.
Account Specific Responsibilities
- Leveraging earned, owned and paid channels to effectively maximize exposure and impact for clients.
- Ensuring all materials that are delivered to the client arrive on time and are to the highest standard.
- Monitoring own time spent on account in line with the rest of the team.
- Monitoring and reporting on client’s competitor activity.
- Basic client interaction including, reporting on media trends in account meetings, and addressing the client as a consultant in email communication on basics topics like coverage, and interview opportunities.
- Selling in new ideas/stories to your Account Team and ultimately your clients.
- Keeping track of client deliverables, and ensuring that the team meets deadlines.
- Flagging and applying for industry awards where relevant for clients.
Business Development and Sales Responsibilities
- Support for all the company’s New York business development events – focusing on introducing journalists to clients, and making new journalist contacts.
- Networking at key industry events.
- Proofing documents for prospective clients.
- Attending pitch meetings when required.
Interested, please email your résumé along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org