We have an immediate need for a Paid Search Manager for a boutique media agency in Boston. The Paid Search Manager, SEM Specialist, plays a vital role assisting in all elements of the paid search marketing process. This role is fully immersed in the planning, development, management, analysis reporting and optimization of campaign for various clients. Boston area candidates only.
The Paid Search Manager will report to the Associate Director of Digital and will be key to growth in agency paid search capabilities, client acquisition and overall campaign success. This person will be joining a growing team of digital media specialists, including a small team of search experts. This position will be responsible for comprehensive coordination and management of select pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of paid search on primary search engines for both business-to-consumer and business-to-business delivery. This role requires an ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, creation of campaign messaging, bidding strategies, creative testing, and analytics. This person may also assist or oversee digital media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest or display advertising platforms.
- 2-4 years’ experience managing or working with paid search advertising.
- Deep knowledge of top Search Engine platforms and third party tools (Preferred knowledge with; Marin, Excel (especially with pivot tables), competitive tools like SpyFu, creative testing/optimization platforms like Boost Media).
- Possess a working knowledge of (Google) Analytics, conversion tracking, cross-channel attribution and the interplay of PPC/SEO.
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter advertising a plus.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Passion for advertising, especially digital advertising; keeps up with latest industry news and trends and can demonstrate knowledge and interest in digital media and/or advertising.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Google, Microsoft qualifications a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once with deadlines.
- Experience managing, training and supervising an assistant
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; ability to understand and translate data into actionable insight and narrative.
- Strong presentation skills. Experience with client and/or internal interfacing – comfortable explaining campaign performance, strategies and recommendations to team members or external parties in person and over the phone
- Experiences buying, executing and managing search campaigns involving non-brand and brand, multiple conversion events or micro-conversions. Experience with call tracking (Dialog Tech) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude; high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation